PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redundancy Package Announced
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2004, 23:34
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
RLE - having spoken to various people further up the food chain, my best guestimate is that the engineering and supply branches are going to take it up the hoop, although every branch, other than int - which is so bloody small as to be miniscule already, will lose a fair share.

As for which ranks get it in the neck, I would think that they will take a proportional slice off the side of the rank pyramid rather than taking chunks out of individual ranks to try and maintain some semblance of a career profile for the 14 people left at the end of this exercise in moral suppression and butchery.

Selection of applicants for redundancy is entirely at the discretion of the Royal Air Force and will be made in the interests of the Service.
Good - does that mean we'll be getting rid of the plethora of Air Officers and useless senior officers that don't actually do very much other than steal oxygen from the rest of us??? Surely that would be in the interests of the service. But then again...... what am I thinking??!!

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that those 'selected' for freedom will have been specially chosen by a board that is based around the principles of a promotion board. As I've got sod all chance of being promoted any time this side of Tefflon Tony admitting he's screwed the pooch in Iraq, does that mean I'll escape the chop?