PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens after an incident?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2004, 15:32
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In that incident, you will be pleased to hear that all 3 flight crew happily completed their careers to retirement. Indeed, the irrepressible Capt Moody is even a TV pundit when expert aviation opinion is needed.

It is normal for the flight crew to be suspended pending investigation into the circumstances and the reaction. You can bet a toothcomb is dragged through every instant. Meanwhile the cabin crew are immediately lauded as heroes. I don't even recall anyone asking any embarrassing questions of them, as in the Mukonyi 747 incident where nobody even spotted a large man in a puffah jacket walk right through a 747, up the stairs, along the upper deck into the flight deck and try and terminate hundreds of people. The pilots were not even told 6 months later they were 'clear'! This is 'usual procedure' I'm afraid.

It's not the nature of pilots to become a bundle of nerves and give up after incidents. They're a rather mechanical, unimaginative lot and can get back to normal quite quickly (I know). Having done several of those daft, isometric (or whatever) tests, pilots are more similar to policemen than any other profession. Not sure what that message gives, but misbehave in front of me and you'll have cuffs on before you know it Buster (they might be Mrs. Notso's purple velvet ones though).

* I think it's psychometric or something like that.....along with 'graphology' perhaps one of the most phoney false 'sciences' that has been foisted on the human race.......excluding sociology (how dare that call itself an '...ology'?). English Literature....there's another one- the taxpayer pays for people to go to uni ....to read books? Then there's 'Media Studies'- whassat for God's sake? Then.........(sound of computer cable being pulled out)

Last edited by Notso Fantastic; 5th Oct 2004 at 16:52.