PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Searching for a Video Edit program
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2004, 06:34
Ray Darr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Searching for a Video Edit program

I am looking for a program to edit movies, similar to Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker 2. I find MM2 buggy - it locks up "Not Responding" far too many times to make it worth using. (My system isn't the reason for the lock-ups. I have a newer computer with plenty of RAM, speed, etc.) Add to that the proprietary format you must save the output in makes MM2 a no-go.

I would like to take movies of any format, import them from an existing file (.AVI, etc) into (insert recommended program here!) so it lays out each scene which then can be easily drag-n-dropped onto a time-line, manipulated, edited, and saved in whatever format I would like to (JPEG, AVI, etc).

It would be nice to have a program that lets me capture from a digital vid-cam (soon to own) and maybe do the rip-from-DVD trick, but the main objective right now is importing from existing video files.

I have scoured the Internet for reviews, but the results are out of date or of sub-standard programs. I have searched extensively through this (great!) forum also, but came up empty (even though I found lots of video-helpful related links!).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
~R.D.