PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Presidential Helicopter Bid (and Result)
Old 3rd Oct 2004, 22:25
ase engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick,
I neither fume nor do I harumph (is that a verb?) One of the problems of email is that when I type witty comment you can read insult, and vice versa, and when I type facts and opinions, you can read fuming and harumphing (if to harumph is OK)

So in no particular order then,
>>>You chose to resort to labels like patrotism, and only you do.
>>>

"But Sikorsky, which has supplied U.S. presidents with helicopters since 1957, has also used Lockheed Martin's overseas ties to frame the contest as a test of corporate patriotism."

by TODD DVORAK Associated Press as quoted in earlier post to this forum by a certain Nick Lappos
Not just me, then, but at least three of us!

>>>Similarly, you use 100% when nobody else does.
>>>

"There is a American firm, Sikorsky of Straford, Connecticut. that is committed to building a 100% American product. "
Syndi Holmes Magic City Morning Star
"Shouldn't the president's aircraft be 100 percent American"
maepennant.com
"It would be surprising if Sikorsky's 100 percent American bid ..."
csmonitor.com

Ah, not just me there either, eh!

"It is an honor for Vought to be a member of the VH-92 All-American team," said Vought President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Risley."
"In January 2004 Sikorsky announced the formation of the All-American VH-92 Team "
"Sikorsky, a division of United Technologies, has run advertisements in major newspapers and trade publications stressing that its team is all-American" The Hill
"a great All-American team to bring it all together" said Joseph Haddock, Sikorsky’s vice president -perhaps you know him?

OK not verbatim 100% I grant you, but "all" and if that isn't 100% what is?

and that was just 0.22 secs worth of googling (is that verb now as well?)

>>>a vital component ....meet the regulation designed to protect the security of the >>>president.

Well, according to Lu Zuckerman, they already do on the existing aircraft with high value dynamic components (is that Lu-speak for gears and blades?),

>>>it is a method of assuring security that answers the mail
>>>

That suggests that it is a requirement of the bid request documents. If so why did Westland even bother bidding? Why not put a copy of that part of the requirement up here for us all to see? or perhaps all-americanism wasn't actually asked for....

>>>and you haven't done anything but harumph
>>>

Well, pardon me!

>>>As far as politics go..... letter from Blair to Bush
>>>
Yep, that was politics, never said it wasn't, and I dare say that W has lifted the phone to Tony on the occasion as well...

And all that is apart from the rather insulting assumption, but don't worry the rest of the world is used to that from Americans (how many countries do compete in your "World Series?"), that somehow the Brits and Italians have less interest in the safety of their heads of state than you do in yours.

Harrrumpph!

Ase