PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - piece concept
Thread: piece concept
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2004, 14:41
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"like to see you smile when you are told how much '3 or 4 bags at 30 kg each' will cost you in excess baggage.

But really everyone else in the world gets about 20kg per person, seems a bit unfair for you guys to get 64kg each....."

Redfred,
Point being it can be done and some dont mind paying......
Also in long trips of over a couple months it is nice to have a little more baggage. I rarely travel for less than a months stay.
It seems its jealousy at this point, therefore maybe folks in Europe should up the anty, go for 32 KGs x 2. First class get by with x 3, Most wont use it anyway. IF I were to travel across the pond or say from the U.K. to France for a few days, I also would have no problem with a lesser load. Thats what most folks in Europe do. When I travel in the states I also travel light. The long trips though, I usually use it all.

Bealine,
As to Global Pollution, do you really think if we lessen the baggage allowance that the airlines are going to take off lighter, maybe throttle back and save some fuel. Get Real,
Its a way to charge more as the planes are so severly packed that they can no longer get all the seats filled with a large baggage allowance.
If its not my baggage it will be cargo and the drivers up front will still be doing the checklist for Max Performance takeoff.

Ah, I love the smell of the London streets..............the air so refreshing...........gag.

Paxboy (down below) Keep dreaming, it aint getting any cheaper.