PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ - Investigation exposes lax security
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2004, 22:02
Eurocap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deliberate carriage of offensive weapons

In this morning's Sunday Star Times is an article about the security of regional flights in New Zealand.

The article states that a number of passengers carried box cutters on board Saab340 and ATR72 regional flights to expose the lack of regional security.

A photo is included showing the box cutter being held while on a Saab340, presumably while it is in flight.

A statement was made that the Cabin Crew were alerted to the fact that the passenger was carrying these prohibited items to which replies were made saying that was okay as they see them carried all the time.

These persons have deliberately committed a crime and should be charged knowing full well that they set out to carry these prohibited items.

It does not surprise me that cabin crew make these stupid remarks as I have seen that happen before over other matters, but to not take these items off the owner when offered to them, as stated in the article, defies description.

I think the article stated that on one occasion the owner was relieved of the object.

Jounalists may think that they have a right to expose a lack of security by this article but they should also expect to suffer the consequences of their actions. Nothing less than a day in court.