PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 20th Dec 2003, 15:01
pnh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My one day at BA

Hi guys,

just thought i'd post some info about my training. it started on 17/12. i was on a lhr euro fleet course. after some scheduling and pay info i decided that euro fleet wasn't for me. a lot of people in my group were unhappy about getting put on euro fleet (as most had their hopes up for LGW WW - some had even been told that our course and Mondays was for WW). the trainers told us that there were no more WW courses planned at present.

I felt like morale was already pretty low as people had left good jobs and other great opportunities to come to BA. Some were now just stuck there because they couldn’t go back to their old jobs etc. it’s a pity BA were so unorganised. The trainers said they new it was a euro fleet course 2 weeks b4. the trainers didn’t even tell us it was euro fleet until a guy asked the question. They just thought we already knew. Don’t get me wrong, the trainers were really great people (as were all the staff I came into contact with at BA) who knew their stuff, it was just that they didn’t have the backing from management or the recruitment department.

Anyway I went up to admin to resign and was at a table talking with a guy from BA who was saying, unfortunately there are no WW courses we could even switch you into. The next second an old first class meal trolley went past with a big box on it that said LGW WW 22/12. I told him to turn around and he was really shocked. Anyway to cut a the next 3 hours into 30 seconds, BA can’t switch your fleets so I had to leave.

I also found out that the head of training who welcomed us to BA saying how wonderful everything was, resigned after she left our class room. Some of the trainers have as well because they don’t have the support of management.

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news – just wanted to give you as much info as possible. Good luck to you all. Just wanted to let you know what was happening. Congrats to everybody who got in. Only 6% make it through recruitment. (and to those staring on Monday – have a ball!)

PNH