PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 25th Nov 2003, 06:50
Golden Runways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to GoldenRunway "hope all of the new comers get into LHR for many reasons". Why is this so? Please explain if its possible coz im just curious and have got lots of questions
There are many BA crew still waiting for internal transfer to LGW long haul. There is frustration that new entrants are leapfrogging internal moves. Not your fault, but nevertheless an unresolved issue. LGW short haul, whilst much fun, has lesser terms and conditions to all other fleets.

I strongly believe in the motto for the course......."Dont ask much questions go home early".
Remember though, the only dumb question is the one you don’t ask.

am a good swimmer, but I was wondering whether the swimming/life raft thing has to be done fully clothed or in normal sorta shorts and t-shirt.
Swimming togs and t-shirt.

It says that you can't commence employment until it is done, so can I do it here from
Australia???
You cannot fly without disclosure cert. You can be trained.

Also if i end up sh, is it feasible to commute form manchester i f i have somewhere to stay in lhr should i need too
People commute to short haul LHR from all over the world. The hardest commuter routes are MAN, GLA, EDI, and NCE. Too many commuters, all with huge seniority. There are many B&B's for overnight stays if on earlies. Mid afternoon flights easier. Set off early and you'll be Ok. Has to be better than the M25!

Welcome to LHR, the golden runways.

Last edited by Golden Runways; 25th Nov 2003 at 09:15.