PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 19th Dec 2003, 16:30
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Sarah! Hope all's good and you're looking forward to the trip!

The package you'll get is surprisingly small. Saying 30 hours of reading, I expected box loads of stuff but the whole thing comes in just a small envelope.

I only got mine YESTERDAY and I start training MONDAY so don't worry about not having it.

What I am worried about is that the pack tells you that you MUST have been to the uniform fitting place BEFORE the course starts.

I am going to call BA today and double check this, as there is no way that I can make it before the course. I'll update you.

The reading is really quite interesting. All about abbreviations (any experience in travel or aviation will help you greatly here, as you're likely to know many of them already), fleets, uniforms etc. Good read.....

I can quite believe that it will take about 30 hours to work through - including activities - but don't think it's a MAJOR issue if you haven't had a chance to finish it before you start.

I'll let you know about that uniform thing, folks.

Ed

EDIT - Just spoke to Uniforms. They aren't actually fitting people at this stage, because they have run out of stuff!!!!

Show up to your course in smart/casual wear and you'll be fine. The training staff have been made aware that further recruits won't have uniforms immediately.