PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 4th Dec 2003, 05:54
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tilly666 - Bath Road is a great place to be located. Which hotel are you at? I've spent a lot of time down in London working (in my current post) and know the hotels on Bath really quite well. Basically, the higher the number, the further to the East side of the airport you'll be.

The perimeter road on the East of the airport runs pretty much from Bath Road right down to Hatton Cross. From Hatton, you get the BA4 bus (free Staff Shuttle provided by BA) to Cranebank where the interview is held.

The walk from midway along Bath (Visitor Centre, Renaissance Hotel, Radisson Edwardian Hotel area) to Hatton Cross would take about 20 minutes at a brisk pace. It's a nice walk though.

As an alternative, on the morning of your interview you could get the Hotel Hoppa bus back to Heathrow Airport from your hotel and go downstairs to the tube. Jump on the Pic. Line (Blue) and it will take you directly to Hatton Cross Station in about 5 minutes. The BA4 bus goes from right outside the station, on the middle traffic island.

Bus to Cranebank takes about 5 minutes and runs every 15 minutes from on the hour (XX:00, XX:15, XX:30, XX:45) - though I do suggest you leave about an hour extra when you make your way to the interview. It will NEVER hurt to be early.

After the interview, get the BA4 back to Hatton Cross and either jump on the underground again back to Heathrow (£1.20 each way, if my memory serves me), or one of the MANY free public buses that run around the area.

Totally easy!!! You'll be absolutely fine!

Go in there with plenty of free time, stand outside for a few minutes after getting off the bus, breathe deeply and have your documentation ready to hand over.

- PASSPORT, 2 x PASSPORT PICS, EDUCATION CERTIFICATES, COMPLETED BA PAPERWORK, NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER.

It looks good to have this ready, instead of having to fish around inside your bag at the Reception desk.

Relax, be yourself and smile and you'll do absolutely fantastically! Best of luck to you!

And Rhyspiper, check this out : http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/ro...jsp?ID=1243053. Apps close 5th December. Good luck.