PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 25th Dec 2003, 15:31
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarah_747

Hiya girl! Glad to hear that you are joining a fellow aussi in the uk! I just thought I'd write about the disclosure forms. I know I am with Easyjet but I had to send one of too. They are currently taking 6 weeks at least to come back. Mine took 5 and a half. you are grounded until they come back as you need the disclosure to get your id pass. It is currently the busy season for the forms.

As for your references - don't stress. They should follow them up during your training. I had problems with easy in that regard too. All my references had to give a certificate of employment, with dates that I worked there (if they didn't or couldn't give you a proper reference). Problem is - Easy wanted them to be addressed personally to the company but certificates of employment are meant to be kept for life so they are adressed 'to whom it may concern'

Anyhow, for the references they had problems getting - easy posted a gap to a persoanl reference to check the dates with them. It is a tad complicated - but don't worry. Just remember the 8 hour time difference. Usually by the time BA staff clock on, aussi staff have clocked off. My mam did a lot of running around for me and faxing in oz!

Ok well, keep in touch, hope everything goes well. Take care and merry christmas

Hannah
(craic1510)