PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Pilots
Thread: Expat Pilots
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2004, 20:17
x300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not enough, I'm afraid. To work in Germany, or any other EU country, you need the right to live and work in the EU. That essentially means that you must have nationality of an EU country, or you must be a first generation descendant of an EU national, and therefore have the right to bear an EU passport. Just like the Green Card system in the US, the EU attempts to protects its jobs for its own people. I can't work in the US even though I speak English, and may have an FAA ATPL, if I don't qualify for residency - equally you need to check with the German Embassy whether you could or would qualify for working residency in Germany. You haven't told us enough about your family history to allow us to give you any more accurate advice.

I looked up some information about the German immigration system, and it says that in the coming years Germany will require at least 200,000 foreign skilled workers anually to maintain its current economic growth pattern. They're proposing changes to the immigration regulations to make it easier for skilled workers to immigrate to Germany. I doubt it makes any difference, but my father used to be in the US Army and was stationed in Germany for approximately 4 years. Since he was living on a military base, I doubt that makes any difference in my visa application. Thanks for all the replies. You've been very helpful.