PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2004, 17:11
Hornetboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I thought I'd post again as I have some information that may be of use, and also wanted to let everyone know that I'm back in the race now. My appeal was cleared. I could hardly believe it but they're willing to take a chance for now I guess. Worth the wait after all

Uhh Acey, did you get a chance to see that opthalmologist before getting the cut? For Acey and anyone else interested, I have been given a form titled "Information for ADF Candidates - Refractive Surgery". It's not a terribly detailed document and leaves a lot to be questioned. But as a summary aircrew applicants can have LASEK and PRK. Non-aircrew applicants can have LASEK, PRK, and LASIK. And it's important to note that pre-operative limits of -5 dioptres myopia and +7 dioptres hypermetropia apply. Any questions please PM and I'll try to help with what else I know.

Anyway I went for renewal testing earlier this week as my medical/psych/Defence Officer interviews had lapsed +12 months (aptitudes remain for 3 years). And just received the FSP preference form. I'll post that off Monday and join the ranks of those in waiting. Hopefully I'll get reselected. Right now trying to get fit and mentally prepare for the dreaded OSB. I'm on a hunt for anyone out there who has gone through the OSB and can possibly describe it. Especially looking for tips on how not to be intimidated by four officers looking down on you from larger seats, with, quite obviously, the intention of intimidating you. Oh the thought of it.....