PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Value for money
Thread: Value for money
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2004, 15:39
divorcingjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I am in the middle of my CPL?/MEIR at the minute and would give you this advice. Be prepared for lots of setbacks that you weren't expecting, some of them devastating. I was all set up to go to Jerez for an integrated course, 14 months and into the jet job etc etc, when I unexpectedly failed my class 1 medical. I ended up taking a much better and MUCH cheaper modular route. Did my PPL in naples in just over 4 weeks, then came to Harvsair in Canada to do my CPL and multi IR. Am planning to go back to the UK and get my Class 1 on a renewal basis (long story) and convert the licences. The point is that this is not at all what I had planned to be doing, but it is working out much better in the end - be flexible - if you commit yourself totally to only having one option, then if that option is taken away .. well. you can guess how it makes you feel !

Take every advantage from Pprune, it is a fantastic resource - I have found all my flight training school based on personal experiences posted here, and haven't been disappointed yet. Best of luck and work hard, and take advice from people further ahead of you, they have made all the mistakes already !

divorcingjack