PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez
Thread: FTE Jerez
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2004, 10:55
Ricardo82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whereīs the problem?

Hey, Iīm nearing the end of my training at FTE and i can tell you that i havnīt had any problems. All this "BULL" about who has been axed or made redundent is neither here nor there. At the end of the day you are still gonna get the quality of training that you expect for the amount of money you have paid.
If you are so interested in the instructors backgrounds then you only have to ask. Several instructors, MCC or normal are ex airline Captains aswell as being ex RAF. I can tell you, they are the cream of the crop with regards to their level of instruction but then so are all of the instructors. I say this because they seem to get their students through whether they are naturals or not! You canīt complain.
The College as it stands is in a very healthy position; there are six courses (one of which is Brittania) and there are also currently elevan KLM/KLS students plus a couple of modular CPL/IR students. Itīs busy enough to bet you that itīs not going to fold any time in the near future.
As for whether you do modular or integrated. Iīd go integrated any day. For a start; you get it finished in one go. There is no messing around and the environment you live in, at least here in Jerez, lends itself very nicely to supporting and getting you through without too much hassle. The help is there whenever you want it.
As for job prospects. I can only tell you what iīve heard and that is Airlines who have visited saying that integrated is "more attractive" to them than modular. The training you get makes you a more rounded Pilot, the continuity is the key and they like that.
As for the cost, well... you "pay to play!" Itīs as simple as that.

Good luck with your career.