PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debate issues removed from EC120 thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2004, 10:27
oryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never knew Mr. Gary Fox until he arrived in Cape Town last year during September.

He pitched up in Cape Town last year with a fresh Com license(H) with a fake Bell 205 rating on it. The SACAA had in actual fact accidently, 3 years ago, put the Bell 205 rating on his license instead of the B206, but they discovered their mistake at one of his PPL renewals, and removed it. In spite of him knowing he had no rating, he still professed that he had.

When he got his COM license, he went to the license office and showed the lady his "old license" with the B205 rating on it, then the "new" one, and told her that the SACAA had neglected to put it on his new one. She took it in good faith, and Fox arrived in CPT with a fresh Com and 205 rating. He theoretically conned the license lady, but it later caught up with him. He then conned van der Merwe into letting him fly the Huey.

As far as I know, he did not even know how to start the machine, and he knew absolutely nothing about a Huey. (Very strange for an alledgedly rated pilot) After flying co-pilot for about 10 hours, van der Merwe let him fly solo, which he did for about 10 hours. The SACAA then discovered that he was flying the Huey, in spite of him not having a rating, and ordered him to inform them as to with whom, and where, he got his rating on the Huey.

To this date, he has neglected to inform the CAA of this. He had all sorts of excuses, and that he did it in Canada, then it was America, and when the CAA asked him to provide proof thereof, he told them that his flight case was confiscated by the Zambian Police, and that he had no records. When they asked him to provide a name, he said the one guy was dead, and the other he did not know where he was.

He then drifted in and out of Cape Town and recently returned as a "Huey Expert". Inspector Authorised, factory courses, delivered 17 Hueys to Liberia, packed up 2 in Germany, and was waiting for 2 Hueys coming to Cape Town from America by ship, for assembly in CPT, by him, for a local owner. Then he disappeared again.

His FAA records show that he has a FAA Student Pilot's License, validation on a Foreign Based PPL, and an A&P Mechanic certificate. NO IA as claimed.

So people tell me that nothing has changed with this man. He's still the same old Gary Fox, a Bullduster of note.

Not long ago, some Arabs were in CPT looking for him. Apparently they paid him some upfront money to ship 2 Jetrangers and Spraying gear to Oman, but instead took the money and went to the States to become "a Huey Expert".

I certainly won't be wanting to do any business with this guy. Apparently he has ripped off loads of people.

Don't know how anyone can live like that......totally without conscious.

Get out of aviation and stay OUT!