PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pulls up after inside-out overhaul
Old 30th Sep 2004, 22:11
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
It'd be interesting to hear from those within ANZ as to their feelings about their management.

Whilst I only ever believe the generalities about a situation when reported in the media, it is certainly refreshing to read of a CEO with some vision for growth and who sees the need to ensure that staff are happy.

It would be an interesting comparison to stack the CEOs of DJ, ANZ and QF against each other in terms of what they say and what they deliver in terms of staff satisfaction.

I will say one thing about QF though, I had a mate of mine recently attend a course called 'leading the spirit'. It was a course aimed at the managerial level and he reckoned it had some really crash hot content. Unfortunately, he also indicated that it is hard to put into effect some of the points from the course when the company has such a 'dysfunctional' corporate psychology in terms of dealing with their staff. A lot of the good lessons from the course are lost in people percieving that the company is about to get stuck into them- again!