PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A319 or 737-700 at Easy if you had the choice?
Old 30th Sep 2004, 09:37
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb seat-lock policy

@ LVL CHG

I assume that you are talking about a type/fleet-lock policy instead of a seat-lock policy. All new pilots in EZY are automatically fleet frozen for 3 years.

This also applies for TRSS, the argument being that EZY does not want to pay for another type within 3 years, despite the fact that as TRSS candidate you paid for the type to begin with when you joined EZY! Some people have a lot of guts and BALPA just sits on the fence and watches!

Of course this whole type frozen business does not apply when your base converts from 737 to Airbus, and in this case you will not be bonded. (something EZY might seriously regret if you consider the market for Airbus rated pilots and the morale at some bases)

I´m on the 737 and if you do not want to fly the Airbus for the next couple of years I can recommend LTN as base, because my guess is that LTN will most probably stay a 737 base for a few more years due to the maintanance facilities. Of course everything can change again at a moments notice.