PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tintins Airplane!
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2004, 12:38
JDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback chaps!

My post wasn't intended to be a complete list (that would be a LOT) but a few 'off the top of my head'.

George Remi (pen name Herge from his initials, reversed) was indeed a Belgian, not French (a useful person to remember along with Magritte and Jackie Ixx when naming famous Belgians).

Not seen the Bruxelles comic museum (first call was a rather good aircraft museum, then I ran out of time!) but some of my refs came from a limited edition book on Tintin I got at an exhibition in Chelsea, though I do believe the Farr book is also very good. There's a lot out there if you look!

There's a Trident at the end of The Black Island in BEA colours - it wasn't just Qantas!

The Flight 714 jet was ficticious (though credible?) and reapeared in a Biggles comic strip later... There was a US Grumman Albatross which rescued our heros at the end of that one...

I'm not entirely convinced by the V-2 - moon rocket connection, though it's reasonable. When it was written, the V-2 shape was 'the' rocket shape. In the story 'Destination Moon', there is also a book in the scientist's study about German wartime rockets...

Enough! Back to reality.