PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus B777's
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2004, 00:37
Flame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call_belle

A number of issues..

On a recent flight to LAX, the "senior" comes over to my seat and proceeds to put 2 sticks with various pieces of fried chicken etc etc on my plate, not a big deal I hear you say, but then when she went behind the curtain, after serving the other pax in "J",I heard her say..Look at what I managed to keep for us. This is in contrast to the norm, up to about 12 months ago, when the senior, presented these "Nibbles" (my term) and the pax helped themselves.

On the same flight to LAX, only a choice of one red wine or one white wine was available.

2 weeks later, travelling from BOS-DUB, there were no Irish Newspapers available, and it was the same in the lounge in BOS. This has happened more than once. On another BOS-DUB up front, I saw a couple sitting side by side. The male went down the back and after a few minutes he came back, his daughter was with him, and she was asking "mom" about where she would meet her on arrival if they missed each other, the child looked about 17, obviously the child was in economy and the parents in business. Before the mother could even answer the childs question, one of the crew in a most abrupt manner told the parents that the child could not "visit" them in the business section. Although in a way I can understand what she was saying, the family were very quiet, disturbing no one, but the crew member was quite arrogant and made the family feel very small

It is my experience, that a lot of EI cabin crew treat pax as an irritant and spend far too much time, behind the curtain rather than looking after people. On the same BOS-DUB with the family on..I rang the call bell about 90 minutes before arring in DUB and after 20 minutes, I was asked "what do I want". I was looking for water, and it was almost thrown at me

I could go on and on, but this reckless attitude to passengers appears to have crept into EI, over the past year or two at very most. I travel extensively and never ever get the same tratment anywhere else

To finish, I do not wish to appear to be painting all EI crews with the same brush, problem is though, there are a lot of crew , mostly those with long service, who treat pax with contemt and a certain amount of arrogance

I fly also a lot with BA, and in my opinion, they are probably the best around

Sorry for going on, but you did ask..over to you