PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police & pax at EMA
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 18:57
Final 3 Greens

BJCC

I am forced to wonder whether you can read very well?

Limited access to toilets is refused access is it? Where there is water also perhaps?
Where did I mention access to the toilet? Water is drawn from taps, not toilets (at least in the circles I move in) and taps are found in many locations. Jugs and other containers are often used to move water from the location of the tap to other places too, but it does require a degree of common sense and initiative to do this, admittedly.

Yes the pax probably do still have a contract with the airlines
Do you understand the concept of force majeure? Do you understand what a frustrated contract is?

Please review clause 9.3 of the FR general conditions of carriage, what part of this do you have trouble understanding?

9.3 DIVERSIONS
If, for reasons outside our control, we are unable to land at the airfield at your destination
and are diverted so as to land at another airfield then the carriage by air shall, unless the
aircraft continues to the original destination, be deemed to be completed when the aircraft
arrives at that other airfield. We shall, however, arrange or designate alternative
transportation, whether by our own services or by other means of transportation specified by
us to carry you to the original destination as set out in your Ticket without additional cost.
You say "Unsubstaniated opinon? Well thats all this post is, mostly... The full reeason for this incident have not been revealed, a 'suspcious object' part of the story, but from that point onwards what happens police wise is dependent on wht the object is suspected to be. No one knows...inclucing me. I can see however there would be circumstances depending on what the objects suspected to be when police action would be exactly this...or ven in some cases more dreconian. You can find me pompous over it, tough. unlike you I have had to deal with this sort of thing."

I have no comment to make about why the Police took their action and am prepared to believe that it was totally justified.

However:

1) FR do not have a contractual obligation to feed and water the pax IMHO

and

2) I stand by my comment over the alleged lack of provision of water

As for guess the northern town, quite honestly I can't be bothered, just ask yourself why what you claim happens doesn't any more...Perhaps if Dixon of Dock Green had had a flack jacket he wouldn't have been murdered in the film 'the blue light'
OK, so you were talking speculativey, you didn't live there.

As I recall, Tom Riley shot George Dixon dead, so presumably would have adjusted his aim, thus rendering the flak jacket ineffective, but as Dixon of Dock Green never happened, neither by implication did the Blue Lamp, from which the series was derived, so your argument is hopelessy illogical

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 28th Sep 2004 at 21:03.