PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paper tickets vs e-tickets
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 11:59
candoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paper tickets vs e-tickets

Travelling through the US last week I had a flight LAS to EWR on Continental. Now I know paper tickets should be guarded with one's life etc but it had been a long night and I had left them on the back seat of a taxi on the way to the airport.

Major panic ensued as I was not sure of cab company name so approached Continental desk who, politely, informed me as it was a paper ticket they could not check me in even though all my flight details appeared on their screen as well as my onward flight back to the UK. It would have been no problem with an e-ticket, passport sufficient identity to carry me on. Continental wanted a thousand bucks just for the Newark leg!!!!!!

As it happens my hotel in Vegas managed to locate the taxi who very kindly met me at Continental drop-off 20 minutes later with my tickets and received a proportionately large tip!

What is the deal with paper tickets, why is there no flexibility when they are misplaced? what happens when they are genuinely stolen? I was very disappointed by the check-in staff who flatly refused to offer any assistance at all, and then gave me the SSSS for my trouble! I have since learned you can fill out an indemnity form which for a small fee would allow you to travel - is this correct?

Any comments appreciated.