PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest To Get DeathStars!
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 10:15
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adama - I have bleeding well done it again!! Not read properly.

Now I have (other thinks on mind and a recalcitrant Sabre system that doesnt ant to talk to AO or anybody else at the moment.

The small port schedules, and lower volume utilisation is well known - by people mostly now out of the industry completely.The art of utilizing bugsmashers feeding small medium jets- mini hubbing - maximizing a small fleet effectively and making dollars has fallen into history. Even DJ is not effectively hubbing as they are using their own Euro model with only passing and incomplete acceptance of what they call "open jaw" trips. These we would call multi sector. They cannot handle reservations beyond 2 sectors, but that is one more than Jetstar.

There is no doubt the info is out there regarding East coast scheduling for a smaller incumbent, but getting hold of it would be the poblem. I was simply offering up this knowledge as we need a new full service incumbent - badly. A lot of the information has been lost in the post '89 period, and what remained was decimated by the restructures after Ansett's demise.

It is still about though. All I would need is a plan of ports to be serviced, equipment used and aeroplane numbers along with block times by sector and away we go.

Best regards

EWL