PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sincere Thanks
Thread: Sincere Thanks
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 08:59
Jay Dee @ table 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have just returned from a few days in the sunshine to find these kind comments.

Talkdownman and 10 DME ARC, Sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but can't place either of you at the moment, I'm sure I'll work it out eventually, then kick myself, thanks to both of you for the messages.

Mr Grubby, Sorry to hear about your continuing health problems. Your fine words are also appreciated. Please please take as much care of yourself as possible.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR, Thank you, if memory serves correct, it was indeed the Winter of 71/72 when we first met. Who would have guessed that years later we would end up on the same Watch? and yes the years have certainly flown by since then. I had hoped that time would slow a little after retirement, but apparently that is not the case, however if the first couple of weeks are anything to go by, then I think I'll be able to cope!!!!

Northener, what can I say? thank you for making me smile even more then usual, thank you for the lovely card and comments it contained. I will miss you too, but I would never have guessed from your accent that you were a Northener. and

Jerricho, I distinctly remember inviting you on three separate occaisions, once in a pub near Trafalgar Square, once in The Plough, and once in that horrible smelly room at WD where you used to go to light up. Admittedly, I did take the precaution of not mentioning date/time/place. Seriously, I am sorry I did not send you a specific invite, probably thought it was too much of a long shot that you could have made it, and it would have been terrific to see you there. Look on the bright side though, at least you didn't have to sit through my 'speech'. Unusually for me, and I suspect for others in that situation, who find it difficult to speak, I actually found it difficult to shut up. I am very grateful to everyone there who were so very patient, and indulged me wonderfully.
To make it up in some small way the next time you are over, I will buy you all the beer you can drink (a time limit may apply)