PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2004, 00:20
chikenscanfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question advice

Jack,

I've been in the business long enough now to not need to call on the advice of those whose allegiance is to say the least questionable.
As for my paternal routes, they are far beyond the boundries of your comment. My father was a wise enough man to not impose limits on his belief in me.

The amount of responsibility you place on BALPA for the events taking place at MYT only underlines your attempts to hold back the already overwhelming tides against your favour.
MYT overexpanded. Without the adequate support nor increased loads to fill the extra seats, the events of current became inevitable. It is silly to place blame on BALPA for this. BALPA managed themselves as a fair-minded mediator between the company and the pilot body, organising the best way that suited both parties to retrench the excess employees.

I won't even begin to describe how this would happen otherwise in RYR.

BALPA isn't a way to keep our jobs forever. Only a fool would believe this. But BALPA is a way to hang on to what dignity and benefits we have left, before more is taken away and we are forced to pack up and go.

Understand that intimidation can only go so far.

Yes, there is no doubt others will continue to fill the gap. But as time progresses at what level of experience? With what background?
The cuts of today will mean the loss of Ryanair tommorow.
Perhaps there are enough people left who have hope in this company that they worked hard to build, and would rather see it succeed than fed to the dogs.

The pilots at MYT are not dog eat dog, Jack. Perhaps if you would turn your chair around in that office of yours you would see that the overwhelming majority of individuals do not turn on each other for their own benefit.

The chips are down. And fancy that it appears that already over 50% of the company have risen to become martyrs for the cause.
And this with the support of the international transport federation...

I only hope my posting here would have provided others the appropriate couter insight against your banter. I wouldn't want you to think I wasted so much of my time solely for your personal enjoyment.

Furthermore, best of luck recruiting MYT guys through their own forum.