PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest To Get DeathStars!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2004, 23:58
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of us can't afford the luxury of dwelling on a by-gone era. Being in the 21st century requires a forward looking approach. I can not think of too many businesses off the top of my head who wallow in yesteryear and make money from it. The current situation is far from perfect but the FACT remains, air travel in Australia is now more affordable and more accesible than it EVER has been. No longer the domain of the elite middle and upper classes. The general population is now able to fly, and while that may upset some of the purests in our community, the MAJORITY just get on with the job of delivering a affordable quality product.

The times are changing. The choice is to grasp the opportunities as they are presented, or day dream about outdated, expensive and elitist garbage from days gone by. QF and DJ profits are testimony to the succes of new business models. As I say we may not like it (and there are some parts I find deplorable), but the fact remains these companies are now doing it better and cheaper than ever before.