PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SERCO AUH / ALN - what happened ??
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2004, 23:19
Fly Through

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now now chaps, handbags at twenty paces

Serco rules do not allow smoking in the work place. Doesn't matter who it is, they are not permitted and should be pulled up over it. In Dubai the locals stick by the rules and smoke in the room provided (also get lost watching tv in there too )

Speaking as some one who did vote with my feet, typically just before they came up with extra cash for you guys Yes we signed a contract but sight unseen. You don't know about the accomodation, schooling, cost of living until you get there. So you have a right to complain if you don't think it lives upto what you were sold. Plus to give no consideration to exchange rates is just insulting, something should have been done about that a long time ago.

As for South Africans, everyone is different and they have a different way of looking at things that is strange to outsiders but vive le difference (Go on AQ correct my french spelling ) The only guy from SA that really needs to put back in the boat is that fat on his throne in Abu Dhabi.

Sooner or later management have to realise that the high turn over of staff is costing them more in the long run than trying to retain staff long term. The sooner they start to look long term the better............ sorry the place is run by bean counters ....... how silly of me.

Rgds FT

Ps. Hey RD the Aberdeen Mafia not taking care of you these days