PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2004, 21:21
Jack The Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chickens; You're welcome

Have a look, as no doubt you have, at the MYT post, and once that awful mess has been sorted and experienced pilots do loose their jobs, you can count on the fact that many of them will be jostling for yours!

Sad fact of life; maybe you don't value your job, but someone without one will snap it up in a minute. Sad fact, but it is a 'dog eat dog' world out there, which you may find out very soon.

As for BALPA, just look at the disarray that MYT's whole debacle has caused/failed to rectify. You now have a situation where pilot is pitched against pilot and a completely divided pilot group. It's very sad, but it proves what I said to you a long while back. You can hang yourself out to dry as a martyr if you like, but don't expect the support you are trying to 'rally' here, when the chips are down.

I still say that it is a bitter irony that you guys are willing to take the chance of 'hanging yourselves' for the want to be recognised by BALPA, when others around you are proving that BALPA can and does seal your fate without consultation and are resigning. Worse than that, they will eagerly take your money to help them achieve that! (a fool and his money, springs to mind). Maybe fast women and slow greyhounds would be an entirely more satisfying (and healthy) pursuit! I know which I would prefer.

How many instances do you really need to witness, before the truth 'smacks you straight between the eyes'? Like mine, I bet your Dad told you many times that to do certain things would only cause you personal grief and anguish, but what did you do?

'I told you so' doesn't really help, after the event.

Now, I'll retire again gracefully to my armchair for a while and watch the sorry mess unfold.

Chickens, feel free to call on my advice any time you need it

Last edited by Jack The Lad; 27th Sep 2004 at 21:40.