PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith sightings and other atmospheric phenomena
Old 27th Sep 2004, 12:18
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This incident happened in March? Six months enables a lot of people to develop an incandescent rage at what they perceive as a grievous mistake on somebody's behalf, especially if that view suits their own agenda.

I know nothing else of this incident, nor do I feel particularly inclined to look up the details. Why? Because I do know that in 21 years of tower control I have occasionally got it spectacularly right, where everybody in a busy sequence gets what they want and thank me for doing it, slightly more often spectacularly wrong where the sh*te hits the fan till it's all sorted out, and I'm abused from all sides, but in the majority of cases, it just works. Some get what they want. Others don't. It's never been personal.

If you think your opinion about when a controller has got it UNBELIEVABLY WRONG is worth putting into print, then you go for it. But I'm sorry, I treat that opinion with the same reserve as you would my opinion about how you fly your 172 with TCAS.