PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith sightings and other atmospheric phenomena
Old 27th Sep 2004, 12:18
Uncommon Sense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a very hard thing to prove YCKT. Nobody will openly admit to it - only privately as in the case of Bino's confidante.

You speak of CS. I know and I am sure every controller and local operator in CS knows of one particular pilot who flies VFR in ALL weather - and I mean ILS Minima wet season walls of water. He knows that ATC have no authority to deny a VFR clearance or declare the airport closed to VFR even if the ATIS says OVC003. He also frequently REQUIRES tracking via the 332 radial inbound or whatever it is that 'coincides' with the 15LLZ. Apparently the red sea opens up down final and that is the only place that he can remain 'visual'. This particular plane grounds at about 100KN in such conditions. I am sure you can imagine what that does to the following sequence - they get 'pinged all over the sky' to accomodate this fool.

How do you prove it though? And what are the ATSB going to do? It really is a compliance issue - over to CASA.

BTW: Nobody but you suggested putting a price on safety of the C172 occupants. If you want to talk about affordable safety call Dick on his mobile.