PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith sightings and other atmospheric phenomena
Old 27th Sep 2004, 11:43
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestion I fly VFR in IMC is nasty and slanderous to the extreme
Goodness me, what a paragon you are, YCKT. There is no real need to take the high moral ground here, because it's a matter of terminology only. Every time I see a light twin blast off to A095 at night VFR through a broken base of 2000 it is reinforced to me that the charging system is a divisive joke. The same applies when I see a local pilot do a "visual approach" through cloud and I see the lights pop out exactly where I would expect them to at five miles on a DME arrival. If you want to deny that happens, more fool you.

I don't believe for one minute that any of these pilots are not IFR capable, nor do I make the same accusation of you. I'm suggesting you or others call yourself VFR to avoid charges, not that you fly VFR in IMC, and I've had pilots of vastly greater experience than you admit that is the case to save $25 on a TL-MK flight. So sue me if you want, but spare me the piety.

As for your understanding of ATC priorities when things break down close to the minima, there is no point in engaging in further conversation. I suspect your viewpoint is heavily skewed towards the C172 for a good reason.