PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest To Get DeathStars!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2004, 09:27
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aahhhhh Itchy - if only!!!

The days are gone when home grown Aussies ran Airlines with a history and a culture and still really called Australia home.

Sure, the Rat is still Aussie in name but I received a Debit Memo several weeks ago from them for an uncollected tax - postmarked Surrey in the UK.

They want to be an Australian airline but would rather outsource labour overseas to save a buck.

I am indeed "true blue" but canot see the dollars coming forth to fund a real competitor to the incumbents from the local scene. I so hope I am wrong.

If Singapore money leaps in behind Skywest, then I will be more than happy to help wind back the clock to a gentler time, providing they take care of their people in a manner to which we used to be accustomed and that was fair and reasonable.

Hell - I still have the full East coast aeroplane utilization scedule locked in the back of my head in the "usefull box" and can roll it out in moments. I would be pleased to share. Wanting the Tasmanian ground handling contracts would be a bonus too, but I want back into the industry - not the one that I left but the one that left me.

Eenie Weenie's former little cousin would be the absolutely perfect vector to return to some logic in out skies.

Make it so - anyone!! Singapore - come on down!

Best regards

EWL

Ron