PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith sightings and other atmospheric phenomena
Old 27th Sep 2004, 08:13
YCKT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Binoculrs.

I use VFR or IFR depending on weather. Any suggestion I fly VFR in IMC is nasty and slanderous to the extreme. I do not. I will fly VFR 'on top' until I can no longer meet the requirements of VFR and then upgrade.

That raises a point. If I go YBCS - YBAF direct, but upgrade just before YBMC I am charged the entire journey, gouging in the extreme and it probably leads to some interesting behaviour???

Divingduck

Yes, you are correct, a bit like aircraft on finals having right of way. However an incident in Cairns in March where a VFR 172 was told to 'go round' because a Dash-8 and subsequently a VB 737 were behind leads to an interesting question on ATC interpretation of that 'rule' if it is in fact one (no, it wasn't me). It did lead to an 'incident' however.

I have no problems with 'right of way' for heavies in very busy airspace, but not at procedural ones where the procedures can lead to big delays or reroutes.

Uncommon sense,

You seem to have the wrong name. Beating the 'you don't agree with me therefore I will insult you' 'drum' is somewhat typical of a few around these traps.