PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SERCO AUH / ALN - what happened ??
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2004, 05:09
UnderRadarControl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Bob - don't assume. Remember, assumption is the mother of all . We could sit and call each other names all day too, I am not.

As far as you claim the SAfricans are too afraid to lose their job, its probably because they are here for the money - last time I checked that was what the majority of the chaps out here on contract are for.

Remember the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Well, now we are all in Rome. If a local wants to smoke in the radar hall, I guess he is going to. Forget the Contract Manager (maybe this rule suits him), but I sincerely doubt ANYBODY is going to go to the higher management (locals) and say, 'Our expats don't like the cigarette smoke in the centre'. This isn't your home country where smoking has probably been outlawed in public places/buildings. I could probably imagine the response to that complaint. (And I don't smoke).

It all comes down to research about this place before you came here. I came out here before I signed my contract, so I had a good idea of what to expect. Anyone that didn't make the trip made a BIG gamble.

Take care now

UnderRadarControl