PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police & pax at EMA
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2004, 19:26
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final 3 Greens

Limited access to toilets is refused access is it? Where there is water also perhaps?

Let them out to get thier own food...interesting idea, of course how stupid of the police...detain pax regarding a security incident, then let them wander off looking for food????? I wonder why they didn't do that?

As for guess the northern town, quite honestly I can't be bothered, just ask yourself why what you claim happens doesn't any more...Perhaps if Dixon of Dock Green had had a flack jacket he wouldn't have been murdered in the film 'the blue light'

Unsubstaniated opinon? Well thats all this post is, mostly... The full reeason for this incident have not been revealed, a 'suspcious object' part of the story, but from that point onwards what happens police wise is dependent on wht the object is suspected to be. No one knows...inclucing me. I can see however there would be circumstances depending on what the objects suspected to be when police action would be exactly this...or ven in some cases more dreconian. You can find me pompous over it, tough. unlike you I have had to deal with this sort of thing.

Yes the pax probably do still have a contract with the airlines, they having not forfilled thier side of it. They also have a duty of care towards the pax, which it could be said include the provision of food. The fact that Police made no such arrangements makes me think theat the Police relied on the airline to do it. In any case there is NO contract with Police on the subject. The passengers were detained (as in the old S.66 MPA Stop, search and DETAIN) not arrested.

Ranger One...I'm sorry where does the 'punishment' for visiting the bathroom come into it?