PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOW act!
Thread: LOW act!
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2004, 12:50
James4th

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who remembers Don Kendall in Madang? He who flew me below the Madang Golf Clubhouse on a "coastwatchers memorial one" arrival and once IFR through the Jimi gap. I kid you not!

Dave H is retired on the Murray River.(Well beside it anyway)

I must get my slides out and post DC3 formation flying pics taken with 3 DC3s between Madang and Mendi. I have movies as well, the same one's Fatty pinched and showed to Frank Fisher when he was on a goodwill tour of NG. Frank's comment as he viewed the film was reportedly "Boys will be boys"

I was on the tarmac at Lae the day Ray did his beat up, his wing tip was below a Twotter's parked on the ramp. Someone has a photo showing one of the LAMEs prostrating himself on the ground and dropping his camera to avoid the Dak's prop.

My God! They were the days..........

Oh, and it wasnt SBD as that had the "Sunduck" on the tail or maybe it had been repainted by then. Me old memory dims.........the constant battering my brain got in the Transair Lodge Bar in Lae is now taking effect. Which is probably why I dont know how to upload photos to this forum...anybody help?