PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A licencing question...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2004, 09:03
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A licencing question...

I am trying to unfreeze my JAA ATPL, and am finding it very difficult.

I do not want to pay for a Boeing or Airbus rating in order to unfreeze my ATPL, the debt is too great without a definate job at the end, but I would consider shelling out 6 or 7 k for a Let 410/420 rating.

My situation: I have 2200 hours TT, 1800 multi turbine and meet all the hour requirements for ATPL issue, passed CPL ME and IR flight tests, completed all ATPL exams.

I do not have a multi pilot type rating, but have been granted a MCC exemption as I have been flying the 1900D two crew and gave the CAA a letter stating that under national law the aircraft must be operated by two pilots.
I also understand that my time in a multi crew environment, although in a single pilot aircraft-the Beech 1900d, will count as my 500 hours multi pilot time for the ATPL.

So, basically I meet the hour requirements but no multi pilot type rating.

Here's my question, if I go to a place in the Czech Republic and do a Let 410/420 P1 rating, which is probably the cheapest multi pilot airplane to do a private rating on, would this open my ATP licence?

If anyone has been in a similar situation or has any ideas on this, please let me know.

Many thanks.