PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2004, 18:05
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Pah

Why does there seem to be this them and us view of type ratings.

All of those who are flying for airlines seem to be saying don't do it; you are eroding T&C for all people working these jobs at the moment.

All of those who can raise the capital on the outside, look across at the greener grass on the employed pilots side and think that they would happily sell thier grandmothers for an FOs position even if it is flying rubber dog s**t out of HK.

Those inside forget that those on the outside are trying to stay solvent whilst doing anything that they can to earn money.

I know of many, many instructors who pay thier mortgages with credit cards hoping that the elusive job comes before the credit runs out.

I know many instructors who owe over £70k in loans, credit, etc not just due to the course prices but also due to having to live for the length of time taken to do the course and then live after it earning £150per month on a bad month knowing that it didn't even cover the petrol to get them to the airfield to fly the poorly maintained piece of junk that scabair inc calls an airframe, in poorly radar covered airspace full of occasional aviators seemingly trying thier best to kill themselves and others by thier ineptitude.

That being the case is it in any way surprising that if their appears to be a way out of the mire people will stand on others shoulders, heads and or faces to get there.

You complain about the T&C for you what about for those who don't know whether they will be bankrupt in a month or so. Don't moralize about what you don't contend with.

Those who are unemployed are entitled to complain about lack of interviews jobs etc and can take action by buying type ratings, selling themselves to prostitution or selling thier grandmothers if they wish.

Those who are employed are entitled to complain about thier T&C but they can also vote with thier feet. If the terms are that bad then quit, there are plenty who will take your places. If you feel that strongly about the T&C get on to BALPA and go on strike and/or organize something better.

Some of you are starting to sound like old women who don't like Tony Blair if you don't like it vote it out or change it but don't blame the guy who wants to feed his/her family for doing anything to get that dream (reality or not) job.

Supply and demand has been here for some time. If you are not part of the solution then you know that you are part of the problem because what you think is inaction is actually the artillery for the opposition.

They (the bean counters) rely on your malaise, fear and dependancy to get the product they have. There are no airlines that can fly aircraft without pilots (yet). We should all remember that...

Ladies and gentleman spoofers, I believe that is me