PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police & pax at EMA
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2004, 17:03
PaperTiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

"After a thorough search of all areas, no suspicious items were found and no arrests were made"

In other words, a false alarm. No surprise there then, except for Richard Reid hasn't everything since Sept 11/01 been a false alarm ? I suppose it is too much to expect the police etc. to bear this in mind when responding. When a call is received, be prepared for the worst but realise that in all probability it will turn out to be a non-event.

If shiftzz says he wasn't kept informed then I believe him. NO excuse for that IMO, they were in the gate area, there's a P.A. right there. Tell the pax the nature of the 'emergency' and what's going on and how long it's likely to take. I wouldn't expect some adrenalin-pumped, macho, twenty-something poilu in the SRU to do so, but surely there was a senior rank present with some experience and a modicum of PR skills ?

Had this been done there would probably have been no desire to know the name of the officer in charge, although that too should readily have been given.

As to filing a complaint, it is unlikely to have an effect in getting the 'policy' changed, so it becomes a matter of principal. Of course you could end up branded as a troublemaker on some list somewhere. S0d the cost though, there has to be some accountability otherwise it's hard to tell who are the real terrorists.

The police apologists would like you to just sigh, bend over and take it in the Name of Security. Better yet, why don't you all just stay home ?