PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What To Do If I Spot A Serious Security Breach ?
Old 24th Sep 2004, 12:49
Air_Dream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its great fun. I work at Heathrow and hilarious to see their security. A girl gets stopped with a pair of small scissors, however, a man walks upto me at the gate and just about to board the aircraft says - I'm not sure if I am allowed this onboard... he was carrying a large approx 20cm metal corkscrew.

This is after passing through the scanners, metal detectors and the secondary search at the gate room!!

Wahoo for security! But, I suppose they pick up bombs on the x-ray machines. Well I hope!

There are so many places in Heathrow which are security threats as well, like unlocked cupboards and empty storage areas which are hardly ever checked or used. Although there are cameras about, I don't think they have enough to watch all these places. Its crazy when you think about it sometimes! Its sometimes frightening to know you work in such an unsecure place which is such a high profile security threat.

Just re-reading my post.... every intelligence agency is probably looking at it too, loads of 'key' words like bomb, Heathrow, security.