PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith sightings and other atmospheric phenomena
Old 24th Sep 2004, 11:19
Uncommon Sense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most succint Bino's.

It seems that, not unlike our sin-binned friend ****su-Tonka, you have also succumbed to the overwhelming frustrations of dealing with a certain meglomaniac.

Your observations on the divisions within aviation is sadly so accurate - and its perpetuation appears to be a 'tool' of those 'managers' who rely on divide and conquer tactics to play off the competing tribes they create. Esprit de corps, cameraderie and not least a predominant culture of safety become immediate or eventual casualties on the artificial battlefield.

Meanwhile the meglomaniac throws stones at these people, some times rightly so, but then seems all too willing to embrace their same strategies close to his own bosom - with a skill that would suggest he authored the original script for such schemes.

I wish I knew the solution to quell his tunnel vision. Many contributors here who are far far more intimate with the technical minuteae than I could ever hope for have failed to penetrate the veil of self-righteous belief that fuels him.

How many people along the way have probably said, '"Just give him what he wants and shut him up", because it becomes the only solution to get the monkey of your back? We can certainly immediately tally up one transport minister.

Is it really going to take a major midair to wake people up? Then again when or if such a thing happens, it won't be because of anything that the megomanic has said, done, argued or proposed - at least not in his mind.

If I were a religious person, my initial prayer would be for a court judiciary that see through this folly and throw this idiot out on his ear in a very public manner.