PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 23:37
VHF1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
likely story

personally I have a lot of difficulty with the 95 % story, no doubt it came from the spin doctors at ashtrays r us, sorry, I forgot one of the mods from pprune works there so lets not get down and dirty!!!

Fact....I did the 737 rating with astreaus and was base checked on the 737-300, There were six of us on the course all of whom were promised line training as part of the rating.Of the six not one of us managed to get a single sector from them. four of us are employed at the moment, two never found the elusive first job, but continue to look. Imagine what it feels like to pay for a 737 rating, only to be let down by the organisation who promised you the moon. So for the two chaps who did not find work, they returned to thier old jobs with a serious loan and one had to take a weekend job to make his repayments. Meanwhile back at the ranch, all of us with jobs were asked to forward a photo, in uniform for the photo board at the astreaus office. Guess how many sent them a pic......zero.

so if the bods in astreaus want to tell the wannabees that 95% of the folks who did a type rating managed to get a job, fine. Those of us who have been there have our own thoughts on the subject!!!! For the chaps wondering where to go to get a rating. Answer= spend your money in your local pub, at least you will have the liver transplant to boast about!!!!!