PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airside passes and the 5yr history/CRC...
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 11:12
Haul By Cable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Airside passes and the 5yr history/CRC...

Hello there,

I am currently having major worries about the requirements for the issue of an airside pass so that I can be employed.

Please, if you have any info or indeed details of where I can seek further advice, I would be grateful if you would post.

I have a frozen ATPL (ink still wet) and am currently looking for a job. I realize that I am required to obtain a 'Basic Disclosure' as part of the process of obtaining an airside pass once a job offer is made, but I am very concerned about the need for a 5 year employment history without gaps.

I have been unemployed for most of this period but not registered as unemployed. Also, I have traveled a lot between the UK and Germany, resulting in my spending in total about half of each year there (although my home address is in the UK). I will be able to piece together my exact whereabouts over the last 5 years (although it will be a mammoth task finding all those receipts/boarding passes/ train tickets etc ) and I will be able to back this up with statements from people that I know in the places that I have been. I could even provide supporting evidence in the form of bank statements showing ATM transactions etc.

The thing that I am worried about though is whether or not this will be enough?

I have done extensive searching on PPRuNe and elsewhere on the internet to glean any info that I can. On PPRuNe I have read of people being rejected for jobs because of traveling abroad for 6 months etc.

I understand that it is the airport authority that issues airside passes based on direction from the DfT. What I would really like to know is if anyone can tell me what guide lines either the airline or the airport authority use when deciding if a persons 5 year history comes up to scratch/ticks all the boxes??? I have been unable to find anything useful on websites for BALPA, BAA, DfT, AOA, BATA etc. I think that if I could ascertain the facts then stand a better chance of meeting the requirements and not having >40k worth of training go to complete waste If you are involved in recruitment, security or vetting perhaps you could point me in the right direction? Perhaps you are an employed pilot and happen to have heard some nuggets of info?

After planning meticulously for all eventualities (that I could think of!) during and after training before taking the plunge, I thought I had all the bases covered – I didn’t see this one coming

Thanks for your help,

Haul.