PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIO and control methods
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 06:32
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Relegated to recreational aviation !, Hmmmph, some very dedicated professionals put enormous effort into making recreational aviation safe, as well as cheap. Most of us chose to work in the field. Retires into the corner muttering about the word "relegated".

However, my reference to Gyroplanes was not to imply any general problem there (any more than my reference to the Goldwing was intended to imply a general problem with Canard aircraft). But that AAIB report did make some points about specific design features that tended to induce PIO, and in that context was very interesting.

The AAIB reference, BTW, is at http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...ty_030918.hcsp and I'd recommend dedicating a few hours to it; it's (in my opinion anyhow) a deep and fascinating piece of work.

The AAIB report referred to longstanding research at the University of Glasgow into the subject, led by an FTE turned academic. Should he, or any of his colleagues, happen to look in, I'd be interested in their views too

G