PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 03:05
flyonwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob is absoloutely right about the 5k agreement. It is certainly not the case of EasyJet turning around and deciding to drop the 5k to be 'tight fisted', it is purely and simply due to the fact that the living expenses are no longer charged. Therefore, why give extra money out, which essentially is not required?? You seem to suffer from a little tunnel vision Bora, turn the situation around into a different perspective, as Rob correctly stated, it is Thomas Cook that are being generous, not EJ that are being cheap. I dont think sponsoring 6-8 cadets per month on a constant flow is cheap??

Granted, cadets will need to personally fund for their own food, drink etc but there is one simple answer to this:

If you don't like the arrangement, then do not apply.

For me, spending a little money to get me the career I want is no trouble. The opportunity to be on this scheme is outstanding, especially the outcome, however as in everything, you have to scale the mountain to reach the summit!