PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith sightings and other atmospheric phenomena
Old 23rd Sep 2004, 01:08
mexicomel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now come on Dick, where are you. It's been two days since you went to court, I would have imagined that you would have given us a response by now. Dont you think it looks a little silly taking this matter to court.

As the case stands so far ... we have...

1. Air services accepting that the NAS implementation is unsafe, and need time to go through the reforms, to make them safe.

2. Commercial airlines agree, that, it's in the best interests to sit back and take some time to implement safe reforms rather than put in place a system that's still doesnt have united support in Australia.

3. You (on your own, plus kevin) Dont agree, so you turn around and take the matter to court, to try and stop this.

Come on Dick, I am surprised that you would go this far, you've become the talking point and laughing stock of the aviation industry. The little stunt you put on outside the court the other day was laughable, and I noticed there werent many supporters there, I thought you were rallying the troops for that theatrical stunt. I only saw one person there.....

Everyone believes there needs to be reforms, there's no doubting that. So why dont you just sit back and move along with the industry, talk it through appropriately and get a united backing to put in place a safe system. You're losing a lot of respect dick, from people who actually used to think you were ok.

Take note,

cheers
MM