PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police & pax at EMA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2004, 23:04
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss Raptor, yes they can refuse to give the NAME of the officer in charge, if you feel that strongly about it, then you find the rest of the answer...(clue ... its all in terrorism legislation and PACE)
As for if its acceptable from a security point of view, I would have thought it obvious it was more than acceptable. From a commercial point of view..Its not a police function to care about it. Its not the airline function (who do care about it) to interfere with Police action.

shiftzz.
Yes Police probably were fed and watered, the repsonsibility to feed and water pax is the airlines...no one elses, address your complaint to them.

How do you know the aircrew were not detained sperate from you? In actual fact I doubt they were, seems little point.

Ranger one,
if in your expert opinon you feel that the Police were not acting legaly then complain. The IPCA have a web site and no doubt they will be only to happy to oversee your complaint. You asked a question, I have given you what I can find. Unfortunatly I left the Police before this act came in, however even before that, I would have detained the lot in order to establish if or by who an offence had been committed.
As for feeding you see above...and blame the airline.

To put this a slightly in a slightly different perspective, and to introduce some common sense, what would you have done, let everyone swan off?