PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas - I smell a Rodent.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2004, 21:13
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Qantas - I smell a Rodent.

Looking elsewhere in the forums, I note that the largest shareholder in Qantas is a nominee company.

I also note that Qantas is supposed to be preparing for war with its cabin staff, presumably with its Pilots and ground staff later.

I also note that Qantas is moving into Asia.

I also note that BA has pulled out.

I also note that the composition of the Qantas Board is slightly odd, as it contains at least one person who could not possibly offer much to ordinary Qantas shareholders, but who has plenty of political pull.

Individually, none of these things matter, however I smell a very large and furry rodent. This is too much of a coincidence.

So OK, I'm given to conspiracy theories and I have no love for Sydney-centric Qantas, precisley because it is run by Sydney siders for the benefit of the NSW push (labor and liberal, doesn't matter which) that has done so much damage to this country.

Qantas is a very valuable brand name and I have a suspicion that there are plans afoot to take that brand international, and also to dud the ordinary shareholders in the process, and it won't be the first time something like this has happened to an Australian airline.