PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How To Post Photographs and Videos (incl photography tips from the gurus)
Old 22nd Sep 2004, 21:11
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
After all the great advice here, I ventured out and took some shots the other night.

The Airport Fire Service called to see if it was OK to do some training around 'Molly', the cloud was still low so they they came over.

The potential for a great shot wasn't realised until quite late, the Cadbury man must have brought some samples in!

Once it clicked, I rushed out with camera and tripod in hand. Realising the fire persons were soon to depart. Set up camera, attempted to take shot by remote to reduce any shake, but was unable to, I hadn't set it up in the settings.
Took a quick shot, flash went off, didn't want it to.

Reset camera settings. Activated remote facility, turned flash off etc. Managed to take 10 or so shots before the fire crews set off on their way home.

Went back to the computer for a 'butchers' at the results of my newly found skills only to find, you guessed it;

The best pic was the very first one, with all the wrong settings, taken on auto, with a flash, and button pressed by hand. Typical.

The result is at the site where the competition is now being held, and at the rotorheads gallery