PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F4 Phantom
Thread: F4 Phantom
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2004, 20:04
Prof Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe - 'lack of commisioning qualities'

Having had the luck to fly F4s towards the end of its Service career I can say that most of the other chaps on the jet also lacked commisioning qualities - the trick was to hide it till you got to the Sqn. If you had any, the junta soon sorted you out!!!

Best part of my career - even if it did nothing to advance it.....

Birdstrike dit: Also managed to hit Turkey Vulture (apparently but my big black bird recce a bit poor) at 600kts and 100 ft (ish) over MPA. Bird subsequently injested, diced, fried and spat out (and served in the deathstar curry) having changed the cockpit smell from oil to fish - made a nice change! Engine performed fine after a small cough and only after we landed did we realise the damage it had caused to the radome and engine bay. The jet was Cat 3 for 3 mths whilst a team from the UK were flown out to reskin it by hand - we had proper riggers then. The gingers also made us a fetching viking helmet from the engine nacelle, complete with bird dent battle damage - last seen in 'The Goose'. Jet went back to flying but don't think it ever got back to blighty as the last jets were scrapped out there.

Fine place FI - if you didn't get caught...........

Prof A